Welcome to the TOPs 80s Blog.

Welcome Back to the 80s. Re-live the Performances! The Music, The Fashion, The Magazines, The TV Shows, The Hair!

Sunday 21 June 2015

Jermaine Stewart - Brilliance - Favourite Songs


In 1986 Jermaine Stewart had a hit with "We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off". Loving that song I bought it on 12 inch. The B Side was Brilliance. As soon as I heard it I loved it more than the A side. Jermaine seemed really cool, with great dance moves and even better hair. Oh I so wanted my hair like that! 

"Brilliance" wasn't like any other love song I'd ever heard. I hadn't realised that this song actually came from his 1984 "Word is Out" album. I instantly sought out that album and that quickly became one of my favourite albums of all time. Jermaine would release a couple more albums but for me his first album was always the best and "Brilliance" the best song on that album.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment